Utilizing specialized X-band Doppler radar and innovative signal processing methods FutureWaves provides detailed sea state measurements with industry leading accuracy.
Not only are physical wave measurements such as height, period, and direction measured in real-time; but specific wave timing is forecasted as well.
Using wave information along with vessel course, speed, and a hydrodynamic model, FutureWaves forecasts how vessels will respond to upcoming wave events for minutes into the future.
This allows for teams to better plan and perform at sea while increasing windows of operation, increasing safety, and reducing risks.
- Provides detailed sea-state with full directional spectrum and parameters for any bands of interest
- Employs Doppler measurements for a fully self-calibrated, complete ocean wave field characterization
- Demonstrated accuracy equal-to or better-than to wave buoys
- Only system to provide advanced wave timing forecasts
- Eliminates need for buoys
Vessel Motion Assessment Prediction
- Uses precise wave information to predict detailed vessel motions (such as heave, pitch and roll) before they occur
- Provides operators with best course and speed recommendation for a particular operation and critical timing information during execution
- Best heading to minimize motions (statistical — local wave measurements)
- Arrival of anomalous (large) wave events (deterministic timing — forecasted wave characteristics)
- Periods of quiescent ship motion (deterministic timing — forecasted ship motion)